"A land of beauty and mystique, Borneo is best known for its indigenous tribes, thick jungle and bounty of wildlife."
From Malaysian Sabah and Sarawak in the north, to Indonesian Kalimantan in the south, Borneo possesses stunning scenery and cultural riches.
A Borneo tour is a great introduction to this fascinating island, which is often overlooked by Far East travellers. It is an island with much to offer: sprawling national parks, thriving rainforests and native orangutans, for a start. The world's third-largest island lies between the Philippines and Indonesia, and boats a wide spectrum of biodiversity. Lush tropical vegetation is ringed by bright white beaches, creating the ultimate island paradise. Be prepared to spend a lot of time up close and personal with nature - whether trekking through rainforests or cruising down rivers.
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Malaysian Ringgit
- Flight Time 16 hours 20 minutes from UK
- Capital Kota Kinabalu - Sabah/Kuching - Sarawak
- Best time to go March to October
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and facebook.com/FCOtravel
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.