“The capital of Kota Kinabalu is a great base for exploring the wonders of Sabah, and acts as many people’s first taste of Borneo.”
Overlooking the beautiful South China Sea, Kota Kinabalu, or KK as it is affectionately known, is a friendly seaside mecca and a hive of culture. Clean and easy to navigate, the city is a great introduction to Sabah, not least due to its close proximity to some of the state’s main attractions.
"Nestled between the shores of the South China Sea, fronting the tropical islands and the majestic Mount Kinabalu, is the …"
"A gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens …"
"In the search for great escapes, discover paradise at The Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort. …"
"Accessible only by boat lies a natural sanctuary nestled in the hillside of an ancient rainforest. …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Malaysian Ringgit
- Flight Time 16 hours 20 minutes from UK
- Capital Kota Kinabalu
- Best time to go January to April
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and facebook.com/FCOtravel
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.